Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Prayer

Pray: The communcation between Heavenly Father and his children (us); The way to truly find answers to our sincere desires; the way to Truth and guidance.

I love Prayer. LOVE IT. It's a way for me to be able to release my stress and give it to my Heavenly Father who understands, and can take my burdens away from me. I know that as I talk to my Heavenly Father he hears me. The best part is though that I think, is that not only he hears me, but he ANSWERS. It's so amazing so be able to feel of that love, peace, comfort, joy, happiness, council, relief. And it all comes from the simplest thing.

I'm sure I've talked in many of my posts about the importance of prayer, and how you can find out for yourself what is the truth and how you can feel these things for yourself. But as I was thinking a lot about what I could write, I thought about the importance of the Way we pray.

First I want to discuss the importance of understanding the true nature of the trinity, the Godhead.
First: God, the Eternal Father, Heavenly Father who loves us, we are his children.
Second: Jesus Christ, God's SON, not God the Father, but his Son. They are different people.
In John 3:16 it says "For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosover should believe in him and not perish, but have everlasting life"
Jesus Christ came to earth to suffer for our sins, and that is how we are able to speak to our Heavenly Father, because of him.
Third: The Holy Ghost. Again seperate beings. He is a spirit with a Very important purpose. To testify of truth, to comfort, etc.
They are all separate, but are one in love and purpose. It's important to understand this so that as we pray, we truly can feel of its power and strength.

Prayer; I'm sure this might be something different, but in a world where prayers are recited and memorized, it's important to know that we can speak freely and openly with love and respect to God our Heavenly Father. And we are able to do that by following the manner of Prayer in which Jesus taught us.

3 Nephi 18:19-20 Jesus Christ taught the Nephites about the importance of prayer and the manner of prayer.
"19)Therefore ye must always pray unto the Father in my name;
20) And whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, which is right, believing that ye shall receive, behold it shall be given unto you."

first we address our Heavenly Father (Heavenly Father, dear Heavenly Father, Our Father in Heaven, etc.)
next we express the feelings of our hearts, like gratitude, asking for help, asking to know the truth, whatever you feel from your heart.
and lastly we end in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

simple as that, so tonight I would invite you as I've done before, to kneel down before our Father in Heaven and just speak to him. Tell him how you feel, especially you can ask him to know the truth about the Book of Mormon, Joseph Smith, this Church, etc.,and as you do your part to seek for the truth you will find it. He won't lead you astray.

No comments:

Post a Comment