Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Gratitude=Happiness.

With this week being Thanksgiving, our minds tend to lean towards the food, family, football, being out of school, no work, etc...but do we ever really take the time to think about our blessings?
It's so easy in the world today to get caught up in the things we don't have or what life would be like if only this...But as we focus on the things we have, the things we can be grateful for, the more we are blessed, and the happier we are. (And I know we all want to be happier)
“He who receiveth all things with thankfulness shall be made glorious; and the things of this earth shall be added unto him, even an hundred fold, yea, more” (D&C 78:19)
There is even a promise made to us by the Lord that as we give thanks for the things we have and give the thanks to him, we will be blessed A LOT!!
And really it's even a commandment to give thanks to God. It's our Heavenly Father's will that we give thanks for everything we have. So when we are obedient to God's commandments, we are happier.
“In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you” (1 Thessalonians 5:18).
I am so grateful as I've been through so many trials in my life to remember to look for the little blessings, the tender mercies that I get each day, and as I've done so, life doesn't seem so hard. I actually become stronger and happier and recognize more of the things I'm grateful for as I give thanks for what I have.

And here is a list of just a few things I am grateful for:
My Family.
Prayer
Jesus Christ
The Book of Mormon
My companion
The Atonement
Gift of Tongues (it's so real! and I'm so grateful I was blessed with it!)
People
Rain
Umbrellas
Shoes (Random, but really, I'm grateful that I have shoes that protect my feet)
Temples
Pencils and Pens
My Journal
Knowledge
Having a watch (I'd be lost without it)
Living Prophet and Apostles
The Fullness of the Gospel in my life. (This is what truly makes me the happiest)
My Bike

Really I could go on and on, and you might think so of these things are really silly for me to be grateful for, but as I look at my life and serve others, it makes me so grateful for all the little things that I have.
I know that as you count All your blessings, even the little ones, you will become happier and life will seem so much better. So I ask all of you, at this crazy time of year with the holidays, to count your blessings and see how truly blessed you are and see how much more grately blessed you will be.

https://lds.org/youth/article/three-great-reasons?lang=eng

No comments:

Post a Comment