Saturday, May 7, 2011

Why?

The other day my companion and I asked an investigator what they expected from our visit. She told us that she wanted to find out what was so important to us that we are out walking around talking to people; rain, snow, or sun, 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Wow, I thought what a perfect oportunity to be able to share this with her. So we explained that it is because of the happiness, the pure joy that we feel because of our knowledge that the truth of God has been restored. The blessings of God through his priesthood power and authority are here on the earth again. The power to be able to more fully comprehend the Atonement of Jesus Christ is here on earth. The Restoration. Things that had been lost or distorted for centuries after the death of the apostles of Christ have been restored! What great joy this brings! Words for me can not begin to explain how I feel about this Gospel. I know that this is the true church of Jesus Christ that they only way for us to be able to return and live with our Heavenly Father is to be cleansed from our sins. And we can only recieve that through first Faith in Jesus Christ and his atonement, repentence, baptism by someone who holds to authority of the priesthood of God for the remission of sins, recieving the Gift of the Holy Ghost by the laying on of hands and enduring to the end. This is the only true way to God. Having the Gospel in my life is the most wondeful thing ever. I have recieved so much pure joy from knowing the truth. So you ask: Why do I do this? Because I want everyone to be able to recieve the pure joy and happiness that has blessed my life. How can you have this? By beginning to read in the Book of Mormon and do ask Moroni asks (Moroni 10:3-5) Ask God the Eternal Father in the name Christ with real intent (Meaning you are willing to act on the answer you recieve) that these things are true and as you do, you will begin to feel as I do and will begin to understand the truth. Then find missionaries, have them teach you and follow the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment