Friday, May 27, 2011

The Light of Christ

So I decided to look back at some old posts and I ran across this one, only it was in spanish, so I decided to translate it and put it up, b/c well I would say it's one of my favorites.

The other night my Companion and I had a wonderful experience that I want to share some thoughts about.
In recent weeks, we have been visiting a family that is "less-active who have come to Church for a long time. We visited them a lot, and most of all the mom and son who is ten, who was just baptized in March. There has been a big change in this family, especially in the Mom. When we visited them the other night she talked a little about her experience as she and her husband were baptized and the time when there were active, and now as she has this strength to attend Church every Sunday and be active with her family. She also bore her testimony one night at the home of her brother in law and in front of his mother and uncle of her husband who are not members. The Spirit was there and I know everyone felt it.
Now she has more light in her eyes and told us she is reading in the Book of Mormon a little each day, and is reading to her husband at night.
This is what I thought of a lot the other night when I was sleeping. How we can all have more of this light in our lives? It started with the bracelets that I have of my nephew. The bracelets glow in the the dark but they can't glow unless they've been in the light for a period of time. I was thinking how this is like our spiritual lives. If we do not read in the Book of Mormon and the scriptures, if we do not pray, or don't attend the True Church of Jesus Christ, we do not receive the light of Christ to show everyone who are in the dark spiritually. So
, as my bracelets and the mother of this family, we need to obey the commandments of God so that the world can see our light.
I want to share my testimony that I know the Book of Mormon is true, and that this Church is the True Church of Jesus Christ, the only True Church.
I know that as we follow Jesus Christ, who showed us the way, we receive this light and more of his blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment